Sunday 30 November 2008

And the Rain, it Raineth...

A drizzly night gave way to an even more drizzly day for today's circular walk around Wendover. A group of ten (including some Wendoveran "locals") made their increasingly muddy way around the Hampdens, both Little and Great. The Hampden Arms provided some welcome (and welcoming) warmth at the lunch stop. Some days sandwiches in the bus stop just don't seem that attractive!

Our walk was led by Michael Lunn, pictured below.



The Chilterns are usually very walker friendly, but I doubt if this low wall would win any prizes from the local tourist promotion board.



The drizzle hummed as it ionised on the power cables above our heads. Visibility could be best described as "variable"



A personal highlight for me was seeing my first Red Kite hovering over woodland near Great Hampden.

All-in-all though, these Mallard were probably best equipped for the day's weather.



Try as I might though, I couldn't find this fellow in my Shell Guide to British Birds...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add your comments...
Your email address will not be published, and you may use a nickname rather than your real identity.